Re: Enabled multiple SSL backends

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:53:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017, Richard Gray wrote:

> I see I failed to notice that curl_ssl_backend must be a typedef of a struct
> or something when I was looking at the example. Perhaps the manpage should
> describe the curl_ssl_backend struct as containing .id and .name fields?

Yes, that's a good idea.

> CURLsslset curl_global_sslset(curl_sslbackend id , const char * name ,
> curl_ssl_backend *** avail );
>
> Should the first argument be an int?

It's a typedef'ed enum. But similarly to the struct, I think it would be
useful to have that enum shown in the man page itself.

I'll fix.

> OH, I failed to notice the difference between curl_sslbackend (one
> underscore) and curl_ssl_backend (two underscores). That's mighty subtle...

Hm, yes. I'll admit I didn't reflect over that fact before.

Maybe we should rename the 'curl_ssl_backend' struct then before this is
carved in stone (since 'curl_sslbackend' is already used since before). Any
suggestions?