inactive curl "owners"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:09:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I want us to have a living project where active contributors and skilled
people who clearly understand our project, our policies, our architecture and
our code style can be given push rights so that they can "share the
maintenance burden" and we can distribute the work more. (I can always hope,
right?)

I try to ask people every now and then after they have contributed a number of
quality patches if they want to join the project this way. They become
co-owners of the project. We're a total of 24 co-owners right now.

But then...

Time passes and people find other things in life, change jobs or just grow
bored. Now some of these owners are inactive and they've not contributed to
the project for a significant time. They're probably no longer as suitable to
remain owners anymore. Being absent for a long time doesn't make you a less
good developer, but it does make you get out of touch of the latest
development, the latest decisions and what's been going on.

Starting now, I will remove idling owners and collaborators on github. People
who haven't commented anything, sent an email to any curl list or done a
commit to a repository during the last 18 months will be deemed "inactive" and
will be removed from the owners team. I don't have any automated system for
this so I ponder I'll just check it manually like every 6 months or so.

So now we're 21 owners.

If you have opinions on this or suggestions on how to deal with it otherwise,
do tell!