Connection timeout problem on AIX

From: Rahul Sabnis via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:50:50 +0530

Hello,

Value for connection timeout "CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT" is configurable in my
application. On Linux I see that the connection attempt times out exactly
on specified value if the host cannot be reached.

But I do not see same behavior on AIX 7.1. Here, the timeout is always 15
secs. I tried with values greater than and less than 15 seconds. Tried with
value of 10 secs and 60 secs.

Below is my code snippet.
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, list);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, url);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, get_http_response);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, response);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE, postdata_size);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, postdata);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, conn_timeout);*
*curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, errbuf);*

Does any system parameter affect this ?
I haven't made any changes to any of the system parameters.

Is this known problem or am I doing anything wrong here ?

I haven't verified the behavior on other platforms yet.
I have Solaris, Windows & HP-UX.

Thanks,
Rahul.