RE: Transfer completion is not reported if 200 for GET has body and has no Content-Length header

From: Novoseltsev, Igor via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 07:00:48 +0000

>> My application sends GET and receives 200 with body in response. The
>> 200 response has no Content-Length header. That causes libcurl not to
>> report DONE for the Easy, even whole body was reed from socket.
>>
>> To indicate end of body the server closes connection.

> I can't reproduce this case. I'm also pretty sure we test it with the test suite. When requesting such a URL and getting such a response, you'll note that libcurl detects it and says in the verbose output:
>
>* no chunk, no close, no size. Assume close to signal end

Could you kindly check the same for POST?
While looking into log, I discovered that it was 200 for POST. Body was in POST and body was in 200.
I would reproduce it, but the Server is not available to me anymore.

Spirent Communications e-mail confidentiality.
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system.

Spirent Communications plc
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
27349 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91301, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300