Re: Proper value for CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT

From: Raghu via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 14:15:22 +0530

I dont think the libcurl can suggest a recommended value for
CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT
 as it is dependent on programmer. You have to decide how long you wanna
wait for connection establishment and return upon timeout. You can set
verbose option for debugging.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Gnana Guru Natarajan via curl-library <
curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need suggestion regarding setting the proper or
> recommended value for CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT for https connection. I'm
> using 20 seconds to establish the TCP connection with the server which is
> handling maximum of 2500 client request at any given time . Most of the
> time the client able to connect to server without timeout errors. Sometime
> the client not able to connect within this stipulated time and libcurl
> throw the error "Connection timed out after 20001 milliseconds". If this
> error occurs, it will persist for more than two hours and will become
> normal
>
> Does anybody think if increasing this timeout value solve this issue or
> should we fine tune the server side to accept more connections? Could you
> please suggest me what could be the cause to debug further? As it is in
> production, I cannot easily change the timeout value to test if it works.
>
> Thanks,
> Gnana Guru N.

Thanks
Raghu