Re: bandwidth when downloading files

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 02:18:35 -0400

On 8/1/2017 12:02 AM, Pahome Chen via curl-library wrote:
> I use multi_socket interface to download files from s3.
> I found a weird situation that make out bandwidth(internet) too high
> when so many downloading happened.
>
> The in/out bandwidth is got from system monitor in Ubuntu, and it
> offers the Network , Mem and CPU history.
> in means download, out mean upload bandwidth.

Monitor just your process that uses libcurl, system monitor isn't going
to cut it. I suggest using nethogs but switch to a cumulative mode like
KB (not KB/sec) or MB. You can do that with the -v option or
interactively press the m key to cycle through the modes. It is normal
to have a low amount of overhead. For example 100mb download could cause
2mb or more in acknowledgements sent.