Re: PATCH: Fix request timer management

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:50:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017, Brad Spencer wrote:

> The attached patch changes the invariant such that every non-expired timer
> must always exist in the easy handle's linked list. The minimum such timer
> value still exists in the splay tree. The code to maintain this invariant
> seems to be simpler, and seems to avoid all the bugs in the original.

I'm back on this now, and I quite agree with your thinking and method above. I
just need reread your description a few more times and review the patch
closely, as this is pretty core stuff. Thanks for your work on this and your
excellent report and write-up!

In the mean time, I've pushed your patch as a PR to make sure the CI tests
like it: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1710