Re: Need help in finding out request drop reason in epoll() implementation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 19:23:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Tushar Pathare via curl-library wrote:

> If I run select() implementation, there is 99.9% request are get hit, but
> when I run epoll() implementation only 80% request hit get observed on load
> balancer.

What exactly happens with the failing requests? And is there a threshold
somewhere when the errors start to occur?

> I need your help to review my epoll() implementation and correct me if I
> did any mistake in epoll() implementation.

A single application shouldn't mix curl_multi_perform() and
curl_multi_socket_action() in the same transfer loop. If you do your
application event-based, only the latter function should be used. Mixing will
probably cause unexpected behaviors.

Also, I don't quite understand what you're doing with the threads?

> -L/usr/local/curl-7.38.0/lib/.libs

libcurl 7.38.0 is 25 releases old, I would recommend an upgrade.

> -L/usr/local/c-ares-1.7.3/.libs

c-ares 1.7.3 is over 7 years old, I would recommend an upgrade.