Re: Problems cross-compiling with openssl 1.1.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:40:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017, Chris Carlmar wrote:

> During the configuring, I see this which might be interesting:
> checking for OpenSSL headers version... 1.1.0 - 0x1010006fL
> checking for OpenSSL library version... 1.0.1
>
> I'm guessing that configure uses my system library, Debian 8.8 with openssl
> 1.0.1t-1+deb8u6, and not the OpenSSL at the path I specify.
>
> Is there a way to make this work?

Yes certainly, people have successfully cross-compiled libcurl with openssl
since virtually forever.

Usually the best clues to what's gone wrong are found in the config.log file
that configure generates. In this case I'd say it would be sensible to look
closer at what compiler and linker flags it seems to use when it does those
checks.

I trust your $SSLDIR is the prefix to the dir you installed openssl for your
target? $SSLDIR should have populated include and lib subdirs with the proper
header files and lib files.