RE: code coverage and its usefulness

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 13:04:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> It's taken me hours by now and it still doesn't work =)

At least I now got a proper "distcheck" test running there, which should help
us not ship releases in the future that has basic problems like which files
are included simply because most of us develop and build everything off git
all the time...

This setup also runs two cmake builds (gcc and clang) to verify that they
build fine (they don't run tests), which is another improvement to the
existing travis job.

I'll keep trying to get the coveralls part working for a while more, but I
lean towards this actually being a (cpp-)coveralls bug so I might land my work
with the coverage part commented out - with the hope that we can get attention
from the other involved parties to see what the problem is or what we can from
our end to fix it.