Re: soname different

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 23:30:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 May 2017, Nakarin Kamkheaw wrote:

> I get libcurl.so.5.2.0
>
> The difference is that he compiles it in the Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine
> and I do it on a native Ubuntu 16.04. My guess is the build tools, but I
> don't know exactly which. Could anyone please kindly suggest how can we get
> the same result?

5.2.0 is weird and I can't understand why it would get that.

Can you put up your config.log somewhere so that we can take a look?

configure has code that checks the size of off_t and compares it to the size
of curl_off_t, and if they differ it bumps that API number. But that shouldn't
happen on any modern or normal platform... I would also assume that a few
other people also have built curl on Ubuntu 16.04 and we've not seen this
reported before!