Re: macOS support in curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:12:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, Pavol Markovic via curl-library wrote:

> Are there any plans to handle those issues / pull requests and eventually
> sort those problems for good?

Let me rephrase those questions into something that works for the project or
at least for me:

- Do we want to have these issues fixed?

Yes we do.

- Do we know the best way to fix these issues?

I don't think we do. We seem to have a shortage of macOS knowledgable persons
or at least having such persons stick their necks out and use their expertise
to provide answers and suggestions to these problems for us.

I read all comments to all curl issues and I'll admit I'm mostly confused
about these mac issues and I've not understood if there is a commonly used
approach or a best-practice solution here that we should follow. So I've been
sort of hoping that someone would suggest that or perhaps that someone would
back up one of the existing solutions and say *this* is the way forward. Or at
least add a "+1" or two.

In other words: I feel have too little data to make a decision and nobody else
has made one, so no decision has been made.

So to anyone and everyone reading this: please tell me how you think we should
fix these issues.