Can we disable RETRIES at CURL

From: Praveen Pvs <meetpraveenpvs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 18:43:36 +0530

Hi,

Will CURL resend the data/packet on its own in case of any error?

Here is the problem we are facing:

Our application has sent data to the server through CURL. But at TCP level,
client has not received the ACK from the server but server received the
data and processed it. Since client has not received the ACK and it resent
the data again to the server. After that client received the
response(Duplicate Transaction) from the server since it has received it
again.

At application level, its making the curl_easy_perform call and receiving
the response that its Duplicate transaction(Our is Payment transaction). so
the application would not know or aware that data was resent/retried to the
server.

When we reviewed the Wireshark traces we figured out that client has not
received the ACK for the application data thats been sent that why its been
retried.

Wanted to know if this retry has been done by CURL? If so is there way to
disable this retry at CURL by setting some option.

Could you please help me. Thank you for your time.

$ *curl -V*

curl *7.39.0* (arm-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.39.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i
zlib/1.2.5

Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp
smtp smtps telnet tftp

Features: Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP

Regards
Praveen