configure for ISO C90

From: Marcel Raad <Marcel.Raad_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:51:08 +0000

Hi,

I know very little about Autotools and I'm trying to configure curl for ISO C90 using GCC with
./configure --enable-warnings CFLAGS="-std=c90"
so that I can be sure to not rely on C99-isms.

In config.log, I get these warnings:
conftest.c:274:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strdup' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
conftest.c:274:9: warning: nested extern declaration of 'strdup' [-Wnested-externs]

It seems like --disable-werror is used for the configure tests, so the warnings are ignored even if I explicitly specify --enable-werror and e.g. HAVE_STRDUP is set to 1 even though strdup is not usable:
easy.c:160:23: error: 'strdup' undeclared here (not in a function)

Could we somehow treat one or both of these warnings as errors for the configure tests?

Thanks,
Marcel