Re: compile curl without md5 only for SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 11:24:33 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Michael via curl-library wrote:

Michael, before you continue please read our mailing list guidelines and
especially the no top-posting part:

   https://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post

It is genuinly hard to have a conversation over email like this.

There are over one thousand subscribers to this mailing list so I think making
a little extra effort to create readable and understandable emails would show
that you value and respect everyone's time.

> * Protocol sftp not supported or disabled in libcurl

It means configure didn't find (a new enough) libssh2 and associated include
files to use. I see you run ubuntu so make sure you have the libssh2-1-dev
package installed.

> ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --prefix=/tmp/curlstaticbuild
> --disable-ldap --disable-sspi --disable-debug --without-zlib

When you have configure problems, load config.log into an editor and search
for the libraries/keywords that failed and you investigate that particular
test and why it failed. In this case search for "libssh2".