Re: Add Solaris CI builds to github?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 22:40:11 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> I made some progress in setting up all the stuff and wonder how the builds
> should interact with the existing autobuilds at
> https://curl.haxx.se/dev/builds.html
>
> Should I stop these or should these run in parallel to the GitHub triggered
> builds? I’m asking because the build and data transmission rules are special
> for autobuilds and I would favor to get rid of them and only use GitHub if
> that would be acceptible for you.

If they are the same builds I don't see any particular need to run them twice.
The github triggered one has the added benefit that they are somewhat more
visible, especially the ones run on pull requests.

I suppose we can test and see how it turns out in reality. It is for example
much more important that the github triggered ones don't show up red than in
the autobuilds. Since the red builds will make people who write PRs think they
did something wrong - and maybe they did but intermittent test failures are
annoying that way.

I noticed a weird error on solaris-x86 with c-ares just now:
https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/builders/curl-ares-solaris10-i386/builds/1551/steps/Runtest/logs/stdio