Re: CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION for mbedTLS missing

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:56:40 -0500

On 2/18/2017 2:34 PM, Ales Mlakar wrote:
> I was using CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION to load the ca certs from memory
> with OpenSSL and I want to use the same on mbedTLS.
> Is there any reason this is not implemented?
> I've added it and it works, I can make a pull request or whatever you
> guys do If you want, just say the word.

Just lack of interest I suspect. That option was intended to modify the
configuration options though not the actual SSL object, and I'm not sure
what effect it would have just modifying an mbedtls config. I think the
mbedTLS CTX is actually the equivalent of what the SSL object is in
OpenSSL, and probably mbedtls_ssl_config is the equivalent of OpenSSL's
CTX? In CURLINFO_TLS_SSL_PTR [1] we are returning a pointer to
mbedtls_ssl_context so that's why I think their context is SSL obj.
Anyway.. sure, make a PR and someone will take a look.

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLINFO_TLS_SSL_PTR.html