Re: Fetching https ressource, occuring memory error

From: Jan <jan_at_dwrox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:57:19 +0100

Hello,

On 14.02.2017 20:13, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
> On 2/14/2017 5:27 AM, jan_at_dwrox.net wrote:
>> I try to connect to an https ressource using libcurls easy interface.
>> But the program crashes on the easy_perfom() call with an illegal read
>> of size 1.
>> According to Valgrind testing on Linux, the error occurs at strncasecmp.
>>
>> I tried the current release as well as older versions from Github,
>> build on Linux directly and on Windows using msys2 versions, but all
>> versions crash on the execution.
>>
>> When using curl as standalone, I can connect and fetch some data (its
>> a GET request with parameters).
>
> Any resource or just one specific resource? Please give us a
> self-contained example that can be used to reproduce.

I havent been testing with other resources unfortunately.
But as this is not a public domain, I cannot provide direct access to it
directly.

Is there any way I can help troubleshooting the issue, without revealing
the target domain?

Im working under Debian Unstable and not shy to install software.

But im new to the cmake system. I use cmake and or cmake-gui to setup
the compile options or follow others means to setup the environment
correctly for debugging. But I havent got the debugging symbols working
for me in example Valgrind, as mentioned in another message to the list.

Regards

Jan