Re: One Sec Delay to send Client HELLO Message as part of Hanshake

From: Praveen Pvs <meetpraveenpvs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:29:41 +0530

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, Praveen Pvs wrote:
>
> We have tried multiple times the SSL handshake and we observe this one
>> second delay is consistent.
>>

> Does it also show up if you build curl on an intel based Linux host? And
> does it also show up if you run 7.52.1 ?
>
> Today we have ran with libCURL version 7.52.1 on our terminal. The results
are better compared to previous version of CURL which we used. Instead of 1
sec, there is delay of 600ms(0.6sec) between the Client received the ACK
and the Client sent the HELLO to the server. We have tried multiple times
and this delay of 600ms is observed.

> If so, can you tell us how we can reproduce this case against a publicly
> accessible URL?

It will be observed with any URL which does SSL handshake. We have tried
with Google.com also and this delay is observed. Please do HTTPS connection
with any server URL and observe the time taken during SSL handshake. There
is delay observed between the step where Client received ACK and it sent
HELLO message to server.

Have attached the wireshark traces with First Data server and Google
server.