Re: non blocking ssl connections with NSS

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:25:47 +0100

On Monday, January 16, 2017 20:47:36 Fahim Chandurwala wrote:
> I see a commit here
> <https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/8868a226cdad66a9a07d6e3f168884817592a1d
> f> that,
> seems to me, implements non blocking SSL handshaking for NSS.

Yes, there were two follow-up commits actually:

https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/curl-7_36_0-138-g9c941e9
https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/curl-7_38_0-115-g0aecdf6

> But, on this page <https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.htm>, under
> "Blocking" section, it says:
>
> A few areas in the code are still using blocking code..
>
> - NSS SSL connections
>
> I was thinking of migrating from OpenSSL to NSS, and this document was
> preventing me from building libcurl with NSS.
>
> Is the document outdated, or am I misunderstanding the intention of the
> commit?

Indeed. I forgot to update the documentation. Thank you for pointing it out!
Fixed now via the following commit:

https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/curl-7_52_1-79-gf1261b1

Kamil