RE: libcurl for TI-RTOS

From: George Reasoner <greasoner_at_digitalcheck.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:47:59 +0000

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:22:17PM +0000, George Reasoner wrote:
> I am attempting to implement libcurl on a TI Cortex A8 ARM device, and I receive the ""Unknown non-configure build target!" error, because there is no configuration for the TI ARM compiler. The curlbuild.h file warns against modification, so I would like assistance in adding configuration information for the TI ARM Compiler to curlbuild.h. What information is required?
Normally, you don't need to modify that file because configure should do it for you. If you're building on a POSIX host, you should still be able to configure curl using the configure script even for a cross-compiled RTOS. Take a look at the cross-compiling section of INSTALL.md for hints. But, if you can't get that working, you'll have to roll your own config file manually, customized for the host. Some other systems do that (see lib/config-*.h) but it can be a lot of work to get it right so try to avoid that if you can.

>>> Dan
I am running under a Windows 7 environment, and according to what I found in INSTALL.md, "The configure utility, unfortunately, is not available for the Windows Environment", so it looks like I will need to craft my own config file. Is there a generic config file that I would use as a basis for handcrafting a config-*.h file of my own?
I surmise that I then need to add my config file to the conditional compiles in curl_setup.h, correct?
George
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.