Re: Status of IDN support?

From: Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro_at_ghedini.me>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:11:29 +0000

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 09:20:17PM +0000, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just checking, but after the switch to libidn2 it was suggested to disable
> IDN support because reasons (can't remember right now, but probably bugs),
> and so I did in the Debian packages.
>
> Is it safe to re-enable it now?

I see a whole bunch of IDN-related test failures, so I'm guessing the issues
haven't been solved:

    TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 165 1034 1035 2046 2047

My main concern is that the Debian stretch freeze is approaching, so we risk
having curl packages with no IDN support in the next Debian release.

Cheers