Re: Please help me with CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN error

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 00:30:14 -0500

On 12/15/2016 11:46 PM, Pham Hoang Hiep wrote:
> After investigated documentation and tried many times with many
> configure ways. The build was success, but the exported library still
> does not support OpenSSL.
>
> My final configure that built without error is (for arm64):
>
> ./configure -prefix="/tmp/${CURL_VERSION}-iOS-${ARCH}-${BITCODE}"
> --with-ssl=/Users/HiepPham/Downloads/Build-OpenSSL-cURL-master/openssl/iOS
> --host="arm-apple-darwin"
>
> with:
>
> /Users/HiepPham/Downloads/Build-OpenSSL-cURL-master/openssl/iOS is
> directory of OpenSSL, that has /include/ & /lib/ folders.
>
> When configure done for each arch, the information always has this line:
>
> SSL support: enabled (OpenSSL)
>

> Finally when I get curl_version_info of exported library,
> ssl_version still shows "SecureTransport" then
> CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION not supported. Why it can not be OpenSSL?

Please stop top-posting, it makes the conversation harder to follow [1].

It sounds like you were able to get configure to properly detect
OpenSSL. Are you sure your program is actually loading the newer
libcurl? Check the loaded libraries, which on mac appears can be listed
by doing this:
DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 /your/prog

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post