Re: use libcurl in a customized environment

From: Alex Bligh <alex_at_alex.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:53:51 +0000

> On 15 Dec 2016, at 17:39, Gregory Davis <gregory.k.davis_at_stonybrook.edu> wrote:
>
> i am having no luck decompiling this curl commands lines
>
> curl --user admin:jlc115 -k --url https://129.59.80.202:8443/status/monitoring
>

> curl -u admin:jlc115 -k -d ‘' --url https://129.59.80.202:8443/capture/pause
>

> i need to see the c source code version of these commands and lib curl does not seem to work fro me
>
> i am using the terminal command in a mac environment

It works perfectly well for me:

$ curl --libcurl /tmp/x.c -u admin:jlc115 -k -d '' --url https://127.0.0.1/capture/pause

(note IP address changed so I don't contact your server)

produces a file /tmp/x.c per the below.

--
Alex Bligh
$ cat /tmp/x.c
/********* Sample code generated by the curl command line tool **********
 * All curl_easy_setopt() options are documented at:
 * http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html
 ************************************************************************/
#include <curl/curl.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  CURLcode ret;
  CURL *hnd;
  hnd = curl_easy_init();
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_URL, "https://127.0.0.1/capture/pause");
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, 1L);
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "admin:jlc115");
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "");
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "curl/7.43.0");
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 50L);
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0L);
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0L);
  curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVE, 1L);
  /* Here is a list of options the curl code used that cannot get generated
     as source easily. You may select to either not use them or implement
     them yourself.
  CURLOPT_WRITEDATA set to a objectpointer
  CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION set to a functionpointer
  CURLOPT_READDATA set to a objectpointer
  CURLOPT_READFUNCTION set to a functionpointer
  CURLOPT_SEEKDATA set to a objectpointer
  CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION set to a functionpointer
  CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER set to a objectpointer
  CURLOPT_STDERR set to a objectpointer
  CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION set to a functionpointer
  CURLOPT_HEADERDATA set to a objectpointer
  */
  ret = curl_easy_perform(hnd);
  curl_easy_cleanup(hnd);
  hnd = NULL;