Re: Need help for curl command to perform transction in website

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 18:11:13 -0500

On 12/9/2016 1:03 PM, Kumar Sumitranand wrote:
> Problem Statement:- I have my website with login page and the home
> page. once user login into website he is able to come on the home
> page where he can search some new tools/books etc. I just want to use
> the curl to capture the login and search transaction and later
> persists this transaction to storage(db or physical file). could you
> please suggest the command to perform this transaction. The Login page
> has been used to submited by dojo or java script.. I tried the option
> for login provided on the curl manual but this is not working for
> login page with complex dojo script and home page with multi search
> option. your help will be much appreciated. I am awaiting for quick
> response to proceed.

This will probably more difficult for you to do in curl than something
like casper.js [1]. It may be possible using just curl if you use a
debugging proxy to gather the POST login parameters and then build a
curl command from that. Also, your browser may have a 'copy as curl'
option in the networking section [2].

[1]: http://casperjs.org/
[2]: https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2015/11/23/copy-as-curl/