getting libcurl to run with C in codeblocks (mingw-32)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:39:46 -0600
I've spent a few hours trying to run libcurl in codeblocks (GNU GCC
mingw-32 Compiler), and I've searched through lots of help pages and
archives, but some information seems outdated or too general, and I'm
stuck. Here's what I did:
1. downloaded curl from https://github.com/curl/curl
2. ran buildconf.bat (successfully)
3. created new C project in codeblocks (main.c)
4. copied contents curl/docs/examples/url2file.c intro main.c for my
5. Under "Project/Build Options/Search directories" I added relative
path to "myCurlGitDownload\curl\include\" (the .h files).
When I tried to compile main.c I get:
*undefined reference to `_imp__curl_global_init'*
I searched for that error, which led me to
Link errors when building libcurl on Windows!). It said to add
-DCURL_STATICLIB to your CFLAGS
which I tried, but either a did it incorrectly or it did not help.
Here is how I tried to set up the flag, though I confess I'm not really
sure what I'm doing at this point:
[image: Inline image 1]
I do not have any linked libraries - tried to do that too, but was not sure
exactly how to set it up.
Any help greatly appreciated!