Re: Session ID Reuse in libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:00:25 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, Samuel Hurst wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer, I wasn't using the share interface. I'll work that
> into the app and see if it helps matters.
>
> Is the share interface relatively new? That would explain why using older
> versions of libcurl means the Session IDs get shared but newer versions do
> not.

No, it was introduced back in 2002... but session ID reuse should work even
without the use of the share interface. I think it could still be intersting
to do the test as it could help pinpoint where the problem lies.

We don't have any test cases for session ID reuse so maybe it broke at some
point and nobody noticed. Do you have an easy/good way to test this?