Re: issue with libcurl/7.50.3 and http2 with multipart upload request?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:59:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Michele Rossi wrote:

> we have found a problem while trying to perform a multipart HTTP PUT request
> against an HTTP 2.0 server (Jetty 9.3.14) using HTTR (an R library) which in
> turn uses libcurl 7.50.3.

Using which nghttp2 version?

> Perhaps you will want to check the relevant code in case there is something
> obvious to fix.

The code already sets the EOF flag when it reaches the end of the upload:

  https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/lib/http2.c#L953

so the question is rather why that condition doesn't trigger in your case, or
perhaps the bug is in nghttp2 (which I think is unlikely).

> Happy to help with further logs / fiddler images / anything else you might
> need.

Does this happen all the time? Can you do a successful multipart formpost with
the curl command line client against that server? Is there anything else
"special" about this upload?

> (We have solved the problem by disabling ALPN on LIBCURL).

I'd call that a work-around since you then probably switch off HTTP/2.