Re: libcurl Bindings: page not found

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:51:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, silvioprog wrote:

> I've tried to access some bindings published at libcurl:
>
> https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/bindings.html
>
> however, when I click in some of them (eg: "Object-Pascal" or "Pascal"), I
> got "page not found".
>
> So, was the libcurl bindings moved to other page?

A few days ago I removed all the bindings pages from the curl web site. This
particular page you found should've been removed too since it now mostly
contains dead links. There's no link to this page from anywhere (any
longer) for that reason.

I decided to remove the bindings pages as they simply was always out of data
and mostly linked to dead pages and contained outdated information since no
binding authors or people bother to tell us about what happened. (Look, I'm
not putting any blame on someone, this is just stating facts.)

So the info was more misleading and damaging than helping since these pages
would easily end up high in search ranks and thus hindered the "real" pages
from getting the traction they should get.

The curl site works better when we focus on the stuff we work on in this
project since we keep that up-to-date and accurate. We're better off leaving
things that happen in other projects for other projects' web sites.