TLS 1.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:37:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

TLS 1.3 is approaching fast (it has not yet been finalized but chances are
that no big changes will be made anymore to the protocol). Firefox 52
(availably as "nightly") enables it by default (powered by NSS) and Chrome
"canary" is shipping it (enable through "chrome://flags/").

Cloudflare runs TLS 1.3 compliant servers you can try your HTTPS client
against.

In curl we have not taken any steps toward this yet, but it seems about time
we do. Using the NSS backend we should be able to run early tests already now,
and when OpenSSL and others catch up later on we can just bump them up one by
one as we've done in the past with other TLS features.