RE: macOS10.12/Xcode8 introduces run-time crash when building libcurl for earlier iOS versions

From: Martin Storsjö <martin_at_martin.st>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:37:03 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I pushed commit 4f8d0b6f02aa just now with this patch, slighlty edited but
> using the same logic.

Great - the commit looks good.

Expanding on this, I'm wondering if we should manually add
-miphoneos-version-min as well; IIRC the -mmacosx-version-min is ignored
when actually targeting iOS and vice versa. The original report (as read
nicely summarized in the github issue you referred to) seemed to be about
iOS, and I'm not sure if Peter had set any minimum version there either.

So to expand the fix to "just work" in most cases, perhaps we should add
-miphoneos-version-min=6.0, which should be ancient enough for any current
usage.

// Martin