Re: curl library 7.36.0: curl_easy_perform() function call failed when used for getting a file from Window's machine to my linux box

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:15:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Zhao, Joe wrote:

> - The function call has successfully passed if getting a file from an
> external linux box to my linux box
>
> - The function call has failed with the error code (79) if getting a file
> from window PC to my linux box

79 is CURLE_SSH, so I assume you're attempting SFTP transfers? I assume those
two machines run different servers? It sounds just like libssh2 (which handles
the SSH level bits for curl) has problems with one of them.

The general advice is also to enable CURLOPT_VERBOSE and see if that helps you
get any additional clues as to what goes wrong.

> Is this issue reported before? If so, is it being fixed in the newer version
> of the curl library?

It's hard to say. I'd say its worth trying the latest version anyway as if it
isn't fixed there, that's a much better point to start debugging in order to
fix... But as I said, this may also just be a libssh2 issue.