Re: Infinite loop when calling curl_multi_cleanup

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:26:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Valentin David wrote:

> When I upgraded cURL to version 7.50.3, I got some of my code to run into an
> infinite loop when closing down the "multi". All "easy" are closed, but some
> connections in the cache still contains receivers in the "recv_pipe".
> Calling "Curl_disconnect" would not close properly the connection and
> "close_all_connections" would call it in loop forever. Adding "connclose"
> before call the "Curl_disconnect" fixes the problem.

Infinite loop sounds related to Dan F's post from two weeks ago:
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-10/0011.html, but the triggering reason
seems different(?)

How did you end up in this situation, is it reproducible? Are you using
Pipelining or HTTP/2 multiplexing?

While I think we should or could do that closing down sequence use more force
since it is about to close everything down anyway, it feels like there's a bug
lurking here that we should rather fix first than just trying to paint over
the problem by forcing the closure of that connection.