Re: problem with NSS backend and threads

From: K. Frank <kfrank29.c_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 16:59:56 -0400

Hi Kamil!

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 08, 2016 14:55:12 K. Frank wrote:
>> I have a suggestion ...,
>>
>> First some disclaimers: I have no knowledge of the libcurl
>> code base.

Well, it looks like I have confirmed my lack of knowledge of the
libcurl code by mistaking NNS code for libcurl code (and then
commenting on it).

> Thanks for the suggestion! This bug is already worked around in libcurl:
>
> https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/3a5d5de9

I took a look at this commit. Making some plausible assumptions about
what PR_Lock does, this libcurl fix looks to me to be straightforward,
sensible, and sound.

> I believe it would be better to take suggestions about the actual NSS fix
> directly to the upstream Bugzilla:

Indeed.

But with discretion being the better part of valor, perhaps I won't, and save
myself from further embarrassment.

> ... since there are not many people that understand NSS internals on the
> libcurl-devel mailing list.

Heh. Me included.

> Anyway, thanks for the thorough analysis of the possible threading issues!

Your gentle words are appreciated.

> Kamil

Best regards.

K. Frank