Re: Crash in curl library while processing HTTP HEAD response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:24:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, isshed wrote:

> my application which is using curl 7.12.1 is crashing

Argh. *Now* you're telling us you're using a curl release we shipped while
mammoths were still walking the earth.

curl version 7.12.1 was released on August 10 2004, so it just passed *twelve*
years old.

Stop using that immediately. Upgrde to something modern and stop searching for
bugs to fix. We've literally fixed thousands of bugs since back then. We all
have much better things to do with our time.

curl version 7.12.1 also contains no less than 23 known security
vulnerabilities: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/vuln-7.12.1.html