Re: curl/libcurl SNMP protocol support

From: Sergei Nikulov <sergey.nikulov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 19:58:35 +0300

9 авг. 2016 г. 7:33 PM пользователь "Rich Gray" <rgray_at_plustechnologies.com>
написал:

> Sergei Nikulov wrote:
>>
>> Hello All!
>>
>> Is anybody interest in RFC 4088 "Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
>> Scheme for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)"
>> implementation in curl utility?
>>
>> Maybe someone already thinking about adopting Net-SNMP library as
>> engine for curl SNMP GET requests?
>>
>> Thank you.
>

> Reproducing the net-SNMP library and its command line utilities seems
pointless. The ground is already well covered.

Do you think they already have RFC 4088 implemented?

And able to use uri for requests?

> I suppose the only thing that might be useful would be the ability to
handle simultaneous SNMP and libcurl traffic. That would mean some way to
have the Net-SNMP library and libcurl be able to share I/O multiplexing on
fdset/select, etc. I don't know if there are SNMP libraries that would
have the hooks to support this kind of thing.