SFTP getting random error 78

From: Jan Östlund <janne_at_eastwest.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:04:30 +0200

Hi!

I have some users reporting cURL error: "(78) Could not open remote file for reading: No such file or dictionary.” The stange thing is that if they try a couple of times it usually works.

Myself I have not been able to reproduce the error myself nor have a chance to try it on that specific web host (but there is errors in the log-files).

- It this a known problem random errors like this can occur random on some hosts (depending on their configuration)? If yes, is there a workaround?

- Generally, is SCP more robust in cURL (it’s kind of slow and I have read the blog posts on why and the background)

- The webhost supports 3 simultaneously SFTP-connections and that is what the app (via NSTask) is set to, but could this be a problem?

Any hints or thoughts appreciated!

Regards,

Jan