Re: sftp download error in 7.49.1

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:15:07 -0400

On 7/21/2016 11:25 AM, Dan Donahue wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 23:19 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> >disconnects or errors are seen on the server (until my abort
>> >Strange! Any chance you can bisect down to a suspected commit that
>> >introduced this behavior?
> I tried all releases from 7.45.0-7.49.1. The stall first occurs in
> 7.45.0 where it seems to be the worst (stall occurs much earlier).
>
> I am reading through the 7.45.0 Bugfixes. Nothing obvious jumps out at
> me. Wondering if anything seems obvious to you.

Can you do a bisect though? Your original report does not have enough
information to say what's what. We need the curl_version() if libcurl or
the curl -V of an affected version and an unaffected version. It's
possible you may be using a different version of libssh2 depending on
the version of libcurl you are using. And if you haven't tried the curl
tool, please try that and see if you can reproduce using it. Ideally if
you can give a self contained example to reproduce and the SFTP server type.

For example, 'curl -T foo sftp://myserver' shows poor performance on
server SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3. My curl -V is <foo>. An older version of
curl that doesn't have the problem has a curl -V of <bar>.