Re: CURLOPT_TCP_NODELAY by default

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 08:28:42 +0200

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 03:11:31PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Since we once again got hit by the TCP_NODELAY causing a weirdo performance
> behavior, I move to making it enabled by default. As the attached patch
> shows.
>
> Mentioned here to allow you to protest, agree or discuss bikeshed colors.

This has the possibility of increasing the number of packets sent for each
request, depending on how libcurl does its writes for various protocols. Has
anyone looked at this possible effect? For example, if headers are written
individually as "Header:","contents" then an HTTP request that's sent in one
packet today could end up taking 20 with this patch. And it's not just HTTP but
all protocols that could be affected similarly.

>>> Dan