Re: FTP Response reading failed via Proxy

From: Sasikala Raju <sasikalaraju_at_commvault.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 07:50:18 +0000

>>I'm quite several of them have changed how we do things through proxies too.

>>I would encourage you to first upgrade to a modern version before you spend a lot of time trying to fix this.

        We upgraded curl to curl-7.47.1. Still facing Response reading failed error. Proxy replied OK to connect request and after that we got the error message stating "response reading failed". Could you help us find the cause ? Or is this the error something ignorable ?

cURL Info: Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to xx.xx.xx:21
cURL Info: Proxy auth using Basic with user 'user'
cURL Info: Server auth using Basic with user 'user'
Send header, 138 bytes (0x8a)
0000: CONNECT xx.xx.xx:21 HTTP/1.1
0027: Host: xx.xx.xx:21
0043: Proxy-Authorization:XXXXXXXXXX
0083: DMh
0088:
<= Recv header, 37 bytes (0x25)
0000: HTTP/1.1 200 Connection established
<= Recv header, 2 bytes (0x2)
0000:
== cURL Info: Proxy replied OK to CONNECT request
== cURL Info: response reading failed
== cURL Info: Closing connection 0
== cURL Info: Hostname wwwproxy.xx.xx was found in DNS cache
== cURL Info: Trying xx.xx.xx...
== cURL Info: Connected to wwwproxy. xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx) port 8080 (#1)
== cURL Info: Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to xx.xx.xx:21
== cURL Info: Proxy auth using Basic with user 'user'
== cURL Info: Server auth using Basic with user 'user'

Thanks,
Sasikala Raju.

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."