Re: curl user survey results 2016

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:12:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, dev_user wrote:

> That is one heck of a sub-title :
>
> "make SSL less of a nightmare"
>
> Not that I disagree.

Haha, yeah I figured I should make it a tradition and subtitle the analysis
with a quote from one of the suggestions. I'm not sure making SSL "less of a
nightmare" is within reach for us but I liked how that request to gave an air
of hope that we out of all people would be able to solve such a thorny issue.

Possibly the request meant that we should "make SSL [in curl] less of a
nightmare", but I don't think it is a nightmare by any means for users of curl
or libcurl. It could perhaps be considered closing in to a nightmare for us
who try to actually add features and things in curl's TLS layer [for insights
into that, see the HTTPS-proxy pull request on github]...