RE: Compile cURL with GnuTLS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:40:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, Cody Pritchard (cpritchard) wrote:

> gcc is unable to link with the lib in that path I provided because the
> libgnutls-30.dll is in the bin directory, but it looks like it is trying to
> find it in the lib directory. But the only thing in the lib directory are
> the libgnutls.dll.a files.
>
> Did you by chance see my original post? I have a precompiled version of
> GnuTLS for windows downloaded and it has pkg-config files, but I am unable
> to get curl configure to use them.

I never use configure on windows so I don't know about the quirks you need for
that. I regularly build curl with most of the TLS backends though and I always
use the pkg-config approach so I'm quite sure gnutls builds work for the
general non- windows case.

I find that the most constructive way to debug these problem is to simply
investigate what config.log has to say. And in this case you can see how the
gnutls linking fails.

I don't even know if that gcc command line is supposed to be able to find the
.dll files you speak of. Putting libs/dlls in the *bin* dir seems unorthodox
to me anyway, as lots of configure logic assumes an install prefix and a
$prefix/lib and $prefix/include directory layout.