Survey: Relevance of Configuration Systems in Free and Open Source Software

From: Daniel Bugl <me+elektra_at_omnidan.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:55:26 +0000

Dear developers, contributors and caretakers of free and open source
software.
If you are involved in the development of free and open source software
(FLOSS) you are the person we are looking for.

It would be a great help if you take this survey:

http://elektra.limequery.org/625192

It will be available till 18.07.2016 (anywhere on earth).

For every thoroughly finished survey € 40 cent will be donated to one of
the following organizations of your choice:

- LimeSurvey (LimeService, kindly hosts this survey)
- SPI (General Donation: 0 A.D., LibreOffice, Debian, ArchLinux, …)
- FSFE
- GNOME
- KDE
- Mozilla (Firefox)
- Wikimedia Foundation (Wikipedia)

The donation will be at least 200 € in total.
If you know anyone suited for this survey please feel free to share it!

Note: You need to enter your email address for the donation selection.
The email will not be shared.
We will only use it to send out results and maybe ask questions if we do
not understand your answer.

As part of the ongoing research on the topic of configuration systems in
free and open source software here at Vienna University of Technology, we
would like to invite you to participate in this short survey. In a pilot
study people only needed 15 minutes, promised!

By supporting us through providing relevant input in the survey, you help
research on this topic.
In addition the anonymised results will be released under an open licence,
so other projects with involvement in configuration in free and open source
software can benefit from it too.

In addition the results will be anonymised and made freely available.
Just leave your address at the end of the survey and we will send it to you.

For further questions regarding this survey or interest in the research of
configuration systems feel free to contact as at survey_at_libelektra.org.