Re: configure now needed in testcurl.sh for dailies ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 15:33:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 21 May 2016, dev_user wrote:

> node000 $ autoconf
> configure.ac:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
> If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:209: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

You seem to have misplaced automake? Those two macros come from automake and
we've used them basically since the beginning of time.

Since 'autoconf' is not enough to make a full script from git, we provide
'buildconf' as the script to run to get everything setup to make configure and
friends work fine.

What happens if you run buildconf there?

> So .. is there some new magic to have a nightly build these days ? I mean
> some little step just before "./curl/tests/testcurl.pl" ?

I don't tink the procedure has changed since we introduced buildconf in
2001... The testcurl.pl script most of us use to run automated testing of curl
runs that script itself.