Re: Need help to prepare http buffer using curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:38:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 May 2016, smruti kumari wrote:

> I am going to use for a high performance load testing.As per you information
> curl_multi_perform() API will return once all easy handle transfer the data.

Yes. It returns when it has sent the data it can send *right now*.

> So It will block the operation to complete the transfer for all easy handle.

No it won't. Did you really read
https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html and come to that conclusion?

You could also consider reading the "Drive with multi" section in my (pending)
curl book: http://ec.haxx.se/libcurl-drive-multi.html

> In my project we need, if first time the data transfer is not complete then
> we will call next time based on the notification of data availability. My
> application will create huge no of child process and each child process will
> invoke curl_multi_perform().

If you intend to go above a few hundred parallel connections I advice you to
bump up to the multi_socket API, which is event-based. That allows you to
perform well even when you scale up to ludicrous amounts of connections.

(And please note that we don't top-post on this mailing list.)