http2 gzip encoded response expected if not requested?

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:13:34 -0400

I've noticed twitter is sending http2 gzip responses even though I'm not
using --compressed. I haven't encountered any other business that does
that. Is that allowed by the RFC? I searched it for gzip but it's not
mentioned once, and the compression sections seem to apply mostly to
headers. Web search only shows [1].

curl -v https://twitter.com | gzip -d

curl 7.49.0-DEV (i686-w64-mingw32) libcurl/7.49.0-DEV mbedTLS/2.2.1
zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 libssh2/1.7.0 nghttp2/1.9.2
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps
pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS Debug TrackMemory IDN IPv6 Largefile SSPI Kerberos
SPNEGO NTLM SSL libz HTTP2

[1]: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13298