Re: z/OS port

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 17:16:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016, David Crayford wrote:

> OK, the first part was easy! I've built it and using a custom config copying
> some defines from the TPF config to enable code page conversions. I'm having
> problems with the build. The z/OS linker is different in that it uses
> different options. Libtool is killing me here as it's obscuring things. I
> would rather see the full verbose commands instead of CCLD curl.

Use 'make V=1' to get the full command lines displayed.

> I noticed that the TPF port uses it's own Makefiles. I don't really want to
> do that but maybe that's the best option.

It is the less good option. Having separate makefiles or any custom build
option that is not based on configure or the existing Makefile.inc files means
your build is much more likely to go stale faster and you'll need to pay more
attention and work harder over time to keep it up to date.

The ones having separate makefiles should basically be the ones who can't do
it any other way.