Re: [idea up for grabs] cookie parsing tests

From: Tim Rühsen <tim.ruehsen_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:43:17 +0100

Am Sonntag, 13. März 2016, 10:56:14 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> Hi all!
>
> Ivan Nikulin posted a comparison about how different browsers parse and
> implement cookies at https://inikulin.github.io/cookie-compat/ (he found
> quite a few cases where they act differently from each other and from the
> spec)
>
> To do that, he used the test suite made for RFC 6265 by Adam Barth that is
> available at https://github.com/abarth/http-state/tree/master/tests
>
> Unfortunately, curl was not included in the tests.
>
> It'd be really awesome if someone would write a script/setup that would run
> curl with that test suite and detect deviances. Ideally, that would even be
> incorporated into our regular test suite.
>
> Anyone?

Thanks for digging this up, Daniel.

I'll use it for Wget2 testing (hopefully within the next weeks). If done, I
will see how my implementation might help/fit into curl testing, promised.

How do you judge the expected against what the browsers accept ? In the means
of "strict when generating, relaxed with parsing".
At least the browsers are well-used real implementations...

Regards, Tim