libcurl for universal windows app

From: Paul Joyce <pjoyce_at_we-do-it.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 01:24:52 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone got libcurl compiling suitably for use by a Windows 10 Universal Windows Application (UWA)? The platform is also referred to as Universal Windows Platform (UWP).

If you do a standard Windows build of libcurl, you will get link errors such as

2>libcurl_a.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__VerSetConditionMask_at_16

2>libcurl_a.lib(getenv.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ExpandEnvironmentStringsA_at_12 referenced in function _GetEnv

when trying to link the final app. This is because certain Windows APIs are not allowed to be called by UWAs. The situation on Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8, where not even the socket API was available. Now pretty much everything needed is available, but some things have changed. So before I started hacking, I wanted to check in to see if anyone else is working towards this.

Regards, Paul

[http://www.we-do-it.com/images/footerlogo.jpg]<http://www.we-do-it.com> ISO 9001:2008
Certified for the provision of
IT based Consulting
Training and
Product Development Services [http://www.we-do-it.com/images/iso9001certified.jpg]

This email remains the property of we-do-IT Pty Ltd and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Australian Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.