Re: How to "PUT" http body to HTTP PUT in libcurl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 22:14:06 +0100

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 04:00:05PM -0500, cnm marketing wrote:
> By changingĀ CURLOPT_POST to a CURLOPT_PUT inĀ post-callback.c sample code, I got
> the following - NOTICE the "405 Method Not Allowed", what does it mean? Does it
> mean that this "PUT" does not allow or ?

That is an HTTP error coming from the remote server, so it means that the
server got the request fine but didn't like it for some reason. You'd have to
figure out why that is. It might be that it needs to be authenticated
(although, that's technically the wrong error code for that), the wrong URL,
missing a header, or simply the wrong method. Are you sure it shouldn't be a
POST?